Shakers - Mug of beer

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Mirra on Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:45 pm

Mirra sits with her back to the wall facing the entrance. She flipps threw a think minilla folder on the table. An untouched tequilla shot also sits on the table.
avatar
Mirra

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-08-31
Age : 37
Location : Columbus, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:46 pm

The bar being somewhat busy being a Sunday night and the Jets Vs. the Dolphins showing on the big Screen. A few groups of people are obviously here for the game and the atmosphere, a couple who seem to be regulars, and a couple who seem to be flying solo.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-08-15

View user profile http://neverendingnights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Bowen sits at the bar near the back of the room. He seems to be nursing a beer and only half paying attention to the screen, the rest of his attention is on the folks in the bar. Without actively looking he seems to be taking stock of his surroundings.

A careful eye on the new comer with the envelope he continues to sip and just relax.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-08-15

View user profile http://neverendingnights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Brucy Shakers and orders what has become his regular drink, a pitcher of MGD with no glass. Kicking back at a table near the bar, he will as usual watch the nightlife happening around him.
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Alexander Jacobs Esq. on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Alexander walked into Shakers trying to find something resembling a nightlife in this town...so far they were doing it wrong. He looked around to see what was available to him. If nothing else a meal would be appreciated. That's when he saw a familiar face from the gathering at a table near the bar. He took off his fedora as he approached the table.

"This seat taken Brucy?"
avatar
Alexander Jacobs Esq.

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 33
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:37 pm

"Hey you're Mista Jacobs righ?" Brucy smiles and raises his pitcher, "Ave a seat bud, an see what passes for nigh life aroun ere."

Hey takes a big swing of his beer and surveys the dance floor and watches to see how his guest is reacting to the small but somewhat active club.

"Beer's good, an the broads can shake it pretty good too. Place live up to its name I guess. So what brings yous in ere?"
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Alexander Jacobs Esq. on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:47 pm

"Feel free to call me Alexander, Mr. Jacobs was my father." Alexander ordered a bourbon on the rocks and sat back to watch the club. "Just looking for some fun Brucy, or a meal. It's hard to find something to my palate in this town. I keep having to eat in Columbus." Alexander tilted his head to the side to take a nice look at a farm girl on the dance floor. "This place is no where near the parties I'm accustomed to my friend, but it's not too bad. Seems like a nice city to lay low in."

The waitress arrived at the table with his order. Asian, around 25, attractive, Alexander gave his lips a slight lick at the sight of what he hoped would be his next meal as he took a sip of his drink which he about gagged on. Whiskey...low grade, luke-warm whiskey at that. "The booze could be better my friend, but I think I just found my local meal ticket." he said to his companion with a devilish grin on his face.
avatar
Alexander Jacobs Esq.

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 33
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:01 pm

"Just remember not to clean ya plate. The people in charge hate durty dishes." Brucy shakes his head and thinks back to his nights running the streets of Chicago, " Yeah this place is not what I'm used to neither, but shit happens and times change eh bud?"

Brucy raises his glass in a toast.

"Eres to makin due wit what ya got and makin sure it's as much as possible!"
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Alexander Jacobs Esq. on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:42 am

"Why eat the steak when you can milk the cow for years my friend." Alexander raised his glass and clinked it against his friends mug of beer. "So brucy...what do you do for a living?"
avatar
Alexander Jacobs Esq.

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 33
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Kedar on Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:21 pm

A look of mild annoyance on his face; Bowen gets himself another Beer and moves over to shoot some pool.

Still within earshot of everything he now has a good vantage point to view the front and rear entrances more careful than Paranoid he take a quick glance again around the bar just surveying the small crowd.
avatar
Kedar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Mirra on Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Mirra pulls a chair next to Brucy as far away as she can be from Alexander and still be at the same table.
A voice low enough to only be heard by the table and possibly nearby Kindred she growls at Alexander, "You would do well to watch your tounge. Your contempt for a house you are but a guest in, is discourteous to say the least. And try to keep your tounge in your mouth or some young waitress is likely to summon a bouncer on the letcherous man in the strange hat. And I may help him catch you."
She wraps her arm around Brucy and whispers something to make him smile before handing him her tequilla.
avatar
Mirra

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-08-31
Age : 37
Location : Columbus, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Alexander Jacobs Esq. on Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:29 pm

"Your conscern makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside." Alexander replied to the woman. "However, a letch I am and forever will be. You however madame, and I use that term VERY loosely, should fear not. I'm only having a good time with my new friend here and I am harming no one. Besides, I'm sure she's recieved far worse treatment from far less gentile ones than I."

He shot a smug look at the woman across the table. "I must take my leave anyway, Brucy here actually gave me a great business idea and I must go home to make preparations. It requires a kind of thinking that one such as yourself would never be able to grasp I assure you, but you may very well enjoy the results. Well, that is if you ever do loosen up a little. " Alexander turned to Brucy for a second, "I will see you around my friend, best regards to your regent." Alexander paid the waitress and made his way away from the bar fuming.
avatar
Alexander Jacobs Esq.

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 33
Location : Lancaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Kasey Sloan on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:31 am

What is there to do in a city when one is bored? Only one way to find out, hm? Especially since there wasn't much else to do...

Kasey enters the bar and takes in the sights around her. She isn't exactly sure why her boredom would lead her here, especially considering that she was never one to drink when she was mortal. Boredom does funny things to the brain, though.

She picks her way through the bar, keeping her eyes on the people around her as she goes. She is nearly to a vacant table in the back, when she notices a familiar face. Brucy, was it? Of course. How could one mistake a giant like him for someone else? It was nearly impossible. The female sitting with him she recognizes as well, though she does not recall ever being introduced to her.

She nods at Brucy, switches direction, and moves toward him and his female companion. Kasey isn't quite sure what she would say to Brucy as she doesn't really know him, but sitting with others that she has had vague contact with previously is better than sitting alone and being completely bored here. Maybe she should have stayed home?

She plops down into a chair across from Brucy and the other woman and nods to both. She crosses her arms and lets her eyes roam the bar, carefully taking in the patrons around her. "Sup..." she says a little gruffly.
avatar
Kasey Sloan

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Wherever I want...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:37 am

Brucy takes the tequila from Mirra and winks at her as Mr. Jacobs leaves the table, shooting it and putting his rather large arm around her and pulling her a little closer. Watching the Ventrue leave he chuckles and looks at Mirra with his customary flirty smile on his face.

"Tanks for da save dere Mirra. I tell ya der are times when a guy just don't know what to say. You know, being low man on da totem pole and all. I aint got the cred yet to tell im to go stick it, so I plays nice like." He takes a moment to take in as full of a view of Mirra as his vantage point will allow and does not hide his attraction. "So not only is yous hot, but yur smart enough to save a mook like me from some bad mojo. Damn I wish I weren't just a newbie right now."

Noticing Kasey coming toward the table and remembering her stating in their breif introduction that she was one of Salvatore's line or clan, Brucy motions for Kasey to join him and Mirra even using his long leg to push out a chair for her as she approaches. Once she sets her self down and gives her slightly gruff greating, Brucy will chuckle again and notice the slightly irritated posture she is taking and trys to look her in the eye when next she glances at him.

"Hey Kasey," Brucy replys, "Dis is Mirra, and the guy hoo just lef was, well les jus say hes betta off not at da table. Yous want a drink? I'm buyin, if yous got the stomache for what dey surve ere." He finishes his statement with a meaningful glance at his beer, quietly asking if she can ingest it.

"So I understand you used to work for da boss. Salvatore I mean, I guess ol habbits die hard if you take my meanin. You still workin for im or just ere on your own now?" This to Kasey as he raises a hand for a waitress to come over so he can order more drinks for the table.

Still keeping an eye on Kasey leans his head over to Mirra and whispers softly, "You know if you keep making a habbit of coming here I might have to make point of it to give you some company. Hate to see someone like you drink alone when there are so many people about that might disturb you and make for poor company." Gone in this whisper is the inner city accent that is normally in Brucy's speach. The sentence structure seems correct for a change too, and if Mirra or Kasey look, for just a second the clueless look and inoccent smile are gone from his face. That mask has slipped away to reveal a look of intelligence, that while foreign to Brucy's features, does not seem like it does not belong. More like a carefully guarded secret.

The look is gone after but a mere couple of seconds and he order's Kasey an MGD another pitcher for himself and a tequila for Mirra. His voice once again 'normal.' He looks at them both and says, "Just to keep tings lookin righ. Can't ave ladies at my table and not order em drinks, Ima gentleman after all." He smiles broadly.
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Kasey Sloan on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 am

Kasey nods toward the other woman, "Mirra." she mutters as politely as she can, before turning her attention to Alexander as he leaves the bar.

"I have actually met that one." she jerks her chin toward Alexander, "He seems a bit full of himself. 'Course, his type usually are..." she grumbles and shakes her head.

Ventrue... she never really got along with them, nor did she see herself getting along with them in the future. Unless of course, she had to. She rolls her eyes at this thought, and turns her attention back to Brucy and Mirra. "Thanks, but no thanks Brucy. I'm not up for it tonight."

She listens closely to Brucy's next questions about Salvatore, though she was not surprised by the questions at all. She opens her mouth to give a generic response, when she notices Brucy lean into whisper softly to Mirra. Kasey raises an eyebrow as she catches a bit of what he says to the other woman, and also catches the peculiar look on his face. This was an interesting look, though being as she does not know Brucy as well as Mirra seems too, she is not entirely sure what to make of it. She makes a small mental note to herself.

Though her arms are still crossed, she shrugs at Brucy, "I'm here and I'm there. Mostly here though, if you catch my drift." she pushes her auburn hair back over her shoulder and readjusted her ballcap. "So am i interupting somethin' here?" she asks.
avatar
Kasey Sloan

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Wherever I want...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:27 am

Brucy follows Kasey's gaze to the departing Ventrue his smile now just a bit wider.
"I know quite a few people dat are like dat. Tends to end baddly for em." he then shrugs, "Some dough do ave good reason to be full of demselves."

Brucy nods at her intentionally 'street cryptic' response to his questions about Kasey's reasons for being in the city. "I gotcha, it was like that for me too when I furst got ere. Tings ave changed a bit for me now. Might for you too, dis city is funny like dat."

After hearing her last question Brucy shakes his large head and glances at Mirra. "Nah, Mirra and I were just havin a couple drinks and talkin abou how people should be careful about how dey talk abou tings." That with another meaningful glance at the door. "You're always welcome at my table, Kasey. Anyone dat is on good turms with ol Salvatore has my respect at least, an since the family treated me well in the past, I consider you like a..." a brief pause as though he is searching for the words, " long lost sista."
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Admin on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:28 am

Bowen still shotting pool a little ways back in the corner chuckles and shakes his head softly at the Ventrue leaving the bar.

"Not a good idea to piss off the roughnecks bro.....not a good idea at all" he mutters lightly

Taking a shot and moving around the table for his next one, he takes note of Brucy's comment...."So she's a Brujah eh...interesting" still sleightly under his breath

"Heh, Brucy's got some guts...not bad" he grins and nods his approval

Getting the attention of one of the waitresses he holds up and shakes his empty bottle and she nods her understanding bringing him another one.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 23
Join date : 2010-08-15

View user profile http://neverendingnights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Kasey Sloan on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 am

She snorts at the comment he makes about some people having good reasons for being full of themselves. She could not possibly imagine what 'good reason' Alexander would have for being full of himself. "We'll see..." she says shaking her head and staring at the door.

Her brow furrows for a moment as she hears a rogue chuckle and then "Not a good idea to piss off the roughnecks bro.....not a good idea at all"

She frowns, and steals a glance in the direction of a pool table in the corner. She sees a guy over there shooting pool by himself. She watches him for a moment, suddenly suspicious of him.

She turns her gaze back to Brucy and nods to his comment about the city changing him forgetting about the guy at the pool table... for the moment anyway, "Only time will tell I suppose." she mutters. "And as for people not watching their tongue." she said smirking wickedly and glancing quickly at the door again, "They will learn the hard way, if they aren't careful."

She stares across the table in surprise at Brucy after his long lost sister claim. She had not expected that from such a big guy, but then again, after sitting here with him for awhile she started to see that he was not just a grizzly bear but there was also a teddy bear side of him. A teddy bear with one hell of a temper, albeit, but still a teddy bear nonetheless.

She sits there staring at him for a moment or two, a confused look on her face. She starts to think of something to say in response when the guy in the corner speaks again, and this time she knew he was talking about her. Not only did he mention Brujah, but he also called Brucy by name. She turns her head toward the pool table again and narrows her eyes.

"Hey, do you two know the guy in the corner over there?" she asks, her voice a low barely audible growl.
avatar
Kasey Sloan

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-09-26
Location : Wherever I want...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:21 am

"Yous good Kase?" Brucy asks, then noticing her being distracted by a guy in the corner he shruggs and says, "Notta clue, and unless e's part of da business I'd ingore im. Why? He bein a problem?"

Not being one to ignore a woman on his arm with is eyes now mostly on Mirra, though glancing now at the man in the corner, Brucy asks her, "Wanna get outta ere for a bit and get yous a snack?"

Looking back over to Kasey he will say, his voice low and losing it's accent again, "Easy now, there have been enough problems in this little burb and those in charge would be pissed if something untoward were to happen in one of the few decent clubs left in this town. You being like family," giving her a meaningful stare, "I know the look you have right now, keep it cool or we could all end up in hot water."
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Kedar on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:23 am

Still Shooting around, he slowly paces around the table finishing his game. Ever watchful of the patrons of the bar he notices her brief glances and the the whisper to the others. Not able to hear what she said, but assuming it's about him he looks back to his game and grins takin a sip of his beer.

Obviously not worried nor trying to hide his amusement at the situation Bowen would rack another game and leave it sitting on the table. Slipping onto one of the stools next to the table he would prop his Black boot on the stool next to him and just sort of relax.


(OOC Brief description of Bowen 6'2 roughly 350lbs White bandana wrapped around his head, Goatee Short Sleeve black button down hanging open over a red Sleeveless Nice black Jeans and Newish Biker Boots)
avatar
Kedar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Mirra on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:51 am

Mirra raises an eyebrow in responce to Brucy's new found grammar skills. This is a suprise she will have to keep tucked in her memory before she under-estimates Katie's pet again. She had taken a risk assuming he would back her thinly veiled threat agaisnt the Ventrue. Alexander and his party planning clanmates had always rubbed her the wrong way.

She nodded greating to Kasey. She studies the Brujah through her lashes, a strong ally or opponent she notes. The gruff plesantries were an obvious effort for the girl. Mirra smiles at her. As for the question of if she was interupting.......Brucy handled that, but she was still not willing to give up the warmth of his arm.

Mirra considers Brucy's offer of a snack.... there is a risk spending to much time with him. Katie is a powerful enemy to make. For now she will have to pass. To Brucy, "I would love to grab a bite, but I have some work I must attend too." She pauses to brush her hand against his cheek as she stands.

With a nod to Kasey she heads for the door, pausing only to nod to the pool player that had been eyeing thier table.


avatar
Mirra

Posts : 15
Join date : 2010-08-31
Age : 37
Location : Columbus, OH

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Kedar on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:53 am

Bowen sits quietly on his stool in the corner observing the room as a whole and casually watching the Big Screen. When Mirra nods to him he smirks and politely nods back.

After a bit longer (15 minutes or so) he would get up and put on his Leather Jacket and head out the door leaving the new game racked on the table but dropping off a tip to the waitress on his way out.

From the inside the bike can be heard revving up and heading down the road at a normal pace.
avatar
Kedar

Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-08-25
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Ami walks into Shakers, scans the bar to see if there is anyone there that she may know.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Marcus O'Donnel on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:16 am

Brucy seeing yet another familiar face, motions Ami over with a wave of his huge arm. Not so loudly as to make more of a spectacle of himself than his massive frame already does, he calls to her, " Ami! Ova ere, I saved a seat for yous!" motioning to the chair beside him. He then shoots the tequila and pours the beer into his pitcher/mug and begins sipping at it. Watching to see if this unusual and dangerous member of the Clan of Roses will accept his offer.
avatar
Marcus O'Donnel

Posts : 9
Join date : 2010-08-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:07 am

Ami walks over to where Brucy is and takes the seat that he motioned to, pleased to see that there is someone that she knows in the bar. "So Brucy how ya been, long time no see or talk? Anything goin on in the area." Ami nods to the other person sitting at the table.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Mug of beer

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum