Shakers - Quiet Contemplation

Go down

Shakers - Quiet Contemplation

Post by Kedar on Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:06 am

Bowen's Bronco sits in it's usual spot in the parkinglot outside Shakers. Inside he sits in his chair at the table in the back corner of the bar.
An empty shot glass sits on the table along with the half drank beer that he's toying with as he reclines resting one arm on the back of the chair next to him.

Watching the football game on the Big Screen above the bar almost unconsciously. The teams were a combination of "I don't know" vs. "I don't care".
Seemingly lost in a daze he sits there....unaware of anything going on around him at the moment.
Kedar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shakers - Quiet Contemplation

Post by Kasey Sloan on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Kasey enters the bar. She looks around as she moves toward the center of the room. Her goal here is simple. To cure boredom. Why she always ends up in this particular place? Because there is really nothing else to do, unless you are looking for trouble.

Her other motive, of course, is to sit in relative peace so that she can think through all of the things that have transpired in the last several weeks.

As usual, she sees that the bars patrons move around the pool tables, the regulars sitting at the bar and others watching the big screen TV. Even though she did not normally make herself at home in such establishments, but she is beginning to find that she likes this place. It really isn't so bad.

She starts to move toward her usual table along the back wall, when she spots Bowen sitting off by himself. She stops for a fraction of a second and then changes direction, moving toward him silently. As she approaches, she notices that he seems distracted. This was not the usual for Bowen, or at least, Kasey is not used to seeing him like this. She stands in front of his table, her head tilting to one side. Her long auburn hair falls over one shoulder and a delicate eyebrow arches.

"Penny for your thoughts, Bowen?"
Kasey Sloan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedar on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:28 am

A little startled Bowen would look up and nod.

"Hey whats up Kase?"

shrugging and taking a sip from the beer he sighs:

"Nuthin really just thinkin about everything thats happened over the last couple years....kinda following the timeline in my head of how I went from being just a regular guy working and going to school to where I am now, about to help storm the castle and take my home back"

he chuckles softly more to himself than anything

"It's been a wild ride, let's just hope the ride isn't over just yet ya know?"

His eyes kind of glaze over a little as he seems to stare into the table at nothing in particular.....
Kedar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kasey Sloan on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am

Brow furrowed and a slight frown on her face, Kasey slides into the seat that Bowen has his arm resting on and turns to face him. She can see the glazed look in his eyes as she mulls over the words he has just spoken. It seems to her then that she is not the only one contemplating the situation in front of them. Then again, he seems to have other things on his mind as well and from the sounds of it, he is none too excited about any of it.

She studies him momentarily, taking in the distracted gaze, as she pulls the ballcap off of her head and lets her hair tumble down her shoulders and back. She shakes out the locks then places her cap on the table in front of her as if she were glad to have it off of her head. She looks back up at him, her emerald eyes thoughtful. She takes in his expression once again, letting him sit there silently for a good long moment or two. She uses this time to collect her thoughts on the matter, taking in the words he said slowly.

"I understand what you're saying. I'd hate for things to end on a sour note. Though I have to ask, is there anything you wanna to talk about? I may be a bitch sometimes, but I have a good set of ears..." she flashes him a soft smile and shrugs a little.
Kasey Sloan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kedar on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 am

Bowen continues to sit kinda staring off into nothing and just kinda shakes his head.

"Nah, I'll be fine, I just need to get out and clear my head I think"

With that he hops up tosses his leather jacket on and drops a tip on the table.

"Thanks Kase" As he heads for the door he yells back towards the bar

"Hey Luke, I prolly won't be back in tonight, you'll need to close it up"

Without waiting for a response he heads out the door and into the night.

Kedar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum