Never-Ending Nights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings in the Library

2 posters

Go down

Vikings in the Library Empty Vikings in the Library

Post by Akara Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

Akara listens very intently to everything Russell has to say, trying to learn as much as she can, though she cant help the small smile she gets every time she looks at him. This is a new world to her and she needs to re-learn everything. He understands her and not only accepts her for the way she is but is willing to help her learn how to live in this new age and that is why she has found herself falling in love with her King.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Vikings in the Library Empty Re: Vikings in the Library

Post by Russel Drake Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:13 am

Russel tries his best to remain patient as he starts from scratch. This was indeed going to be a challenging task, but a task well-worth undertaking. All personal feelings for Akara aside, Russel knew that the best way to strengthen Thirsk was to educate and train it's inhabitants in any way that he possibly could, even if it meant sitting in the library night after night dealing with the frustration of trying to teach. Although, he seemed to have a knack for it; or maybe she was smiling at the way he stuttered from time to time. In his own mind, he was justified in stuttering and making a fool of himself. She was just so damn beautiful...
Russel Drake
Russel Drake

https://www.facebook.com/EarthSpiritViking

Back to top Go down

Post by Akara Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:22 am

It was difficult for Akara, learning everything as though she were a child all over again, except so many things had so many different meanings, why had they made things much more difficult then it really was. She could see at times Russel getting frustrated, which in turns upsets her, she should be learning quicker then this. *I'm better then this and you have my word that I will do better, my Jarl." She couldn't look into his eyes as she spoke those words, she did not want to see how much she was disapointing him.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel Drake Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:31 am

"Don't apologize darlin. You're doin just fine. I'm just an impatient ass" he chuckles. He saw the look in her eye and realized that he really was being an impatient ass. He simply had alot on his plate recently, but that was no excuse to lose his concentration and focus on the task at hand. All in all, the joke ended up working pretty well
Russel Drake
Russel Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akara Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:46 am

Hearing his chuckle, Akara couldn't help but look at him and smile. "This is all very odd to me but I need to learn it all quickly, I do not like being so ignorant it puts Thirsk and you at risk." As the words came out of her mouth the realization of just how much he was at risk because of her hit her hard and even though vampires do not need to breathe, this thought made Akara draw in a quick breath. With that thought stuck firmly in her mind, Akara begins opening books and laying them all out on the table, no matter how hard this was, she must get this new time.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel Drake Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:59 am

"Whoa whoa whoa slow down." Russel places his massive hand atop hers in an attempt to stop her hasty actions. "I'm fine. We need to keep our heads clear and focused on what we are doing here. If we go ahead and rush through all of this, then we'll all be at greater risk than we already are. A clear and educated mind is more dangerous than the sharpest axe."
Russel Drake
Russel Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akara Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:07 am

Looking down at his hand, Akara slowly sits back down. "You are correct" She looks at Russel and as he starts teaching her again she listens intently and will even repeat certain things back to him to make sure she is understanding all he has to say. This is not going to be easy for her but then again Akara loved challenges and loved going at them full force.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel Drake Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 am

"See? You've already came much farther than you give yourself credit for" Russel chuckles. " When I first met you, you'd sooner plant an axe into my skull than actually listen to a word I'm saying" He chuckles again. The girl was much brighter than she gave herself credit for, and more importantly, she was much brighter than any of the other Kindred of the area gave her credit for. This would serve to be her greatest strength against those who would burn Thirsk to the ground. Now the trick was going to be convincing her of that.
Russel Drake
Russel Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akara Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:19 am

At times Akara would get up and begin pacing but all the while listening and taking in as much as she could, even stopping to ask questions because let's face it, this era made almost no sense to her, especially the way people interact with one another now.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel Drake Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:29 am

After 5 or 6 grueling hours of teaching (and honestly, some learning) Russel was ready to call it quits for the night.

"You did well this evening Akara. I believe it is time for us to head back to Thirsk to enjoy some relaxation time before sunrise. What do you think?"
Russel Drake
Russel Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akara Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:38 am

Looking into his eyes Akara could see the wearyness. Smiling she walks over to him.

"I think that is a wonderful idea."

Akara holds her hand out to Russel.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Post by Russel Drake Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:57 am

Russel clasps her comparatively tiny hand in his own as her looks into her eyes with a smile. "Komme ga med meg, min kjaera", says Russel in the native tongue of the Vikings (which Akara would recognize as "come walk with me, my love"), hoping that he said it right.
Russel Drake
Russel Drake

Back to top Go down

Post by Akara Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:13 am

Leaning in and whispering against his lips "it would be my honor, my love" then kissing Russel with all the love and passion she feels for this giant man, her Jarl, her King, Russel Drake The Iron Lion.
Akara
Akara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum